YES! This is the NORTH OF SUPERIOR CLIMBING COMPANY web site!
"Superior Exploration, Adventure & Climbing Co. LTD." now incorporates the North of Superior Climbing Company.
Superior Exploration, Adventure & Climbing Co. LTD. is not just about climbing!
- Geology/Geophysics and Exploration: (25 years experience) - specializing in steep, dangerous, and glaciated terrain, mapping and sampling, and prospecting.
- Adventure: International experience in paragliding and mountaineering. Professional Prospector and Geologist. 20 years experience in Map and Compass and GPS navigation.
- Rock & Ice Climbing: (Since 1981) - Shaun Parent has Discovered and developed most of the rock and ice climbing sites located along the Ontario side of Lake Superior. These include Thunder Bay, Orient Bay, Agawa Canyon, Montreal River,Mile 38 Road, Cerro De Hielo, and Batchawana Bay. Author and contributor to 17 Rock and Ice Climbing guidebooks to the Lake Superior Region. 2 new Rock Climbing guidebooks were released in 2012.
- ICE CLIMBING WINTER 2019-20
- Join us this winter for our ice climbing lessons and guided trips. See the ICE CLIMBING SECTION
Both Guidebooks Are Now Available
$25.00 by mail order. $20.00 at Joes Sports in Sault Ste. Marie, our office in Batchawana Bay and at the Chippewa River Restaurant and Store on Highway 17 near Mile 38 Road.
Also available at Adventure Guide in Kitchener, Ontario and through Chessler Books in Colorado.
Join us for a 6 pitch- Guided rock climb on a 600 foot high cliff.
Day-1 Review of Rappelling and multi pitch climbing
Day-2 Ascent of the Classic route on SS Rock.
Call for Details
Coming: Winter 2019? MAYBE?
Ice Climber's Guide to Mile 38 Road- Cerro De Hielo-Montreal River Harbour Area
Over 300 Ice climbs found in 4 separate areas.
Book now for Rock Climbing Guiding in OCTOBER
We have been busy developing a few more nice rock climbing areas for beginner and Intermedciate climbing.
Join us for Instruction and Guiding on Multi-Pitch Rock. The highest ROCK in the MID CONTINENT.
ROCK CLIMBING GUIDE TO MILE 38 ROAD and Beyond
COMING SPRING 2021
This new Rock Climbing Guidebook will cover the following cliffs found in the area of Montreal River Harbour, Mile 38 Road in Batchawana Bay, Ranger Lake Road, Highway 129
River Bend Rock- Janes Wall-Left,Central,Right. Alien Wall. Kundalini Wall. Covenant Wall- Left, Right.Old Barrell Wall. Noisy Rapids Wall. Windtower Wall (Montreal River Harbour).
Ranwick Rock and Keetes Bluff (Nontreal River Harbour). Jacks Wall (Hwy 129). Turkey Vulture Wall ( Ranger Lake Road)
Superior Exploration, Adventure & Climbing Co. Ltd.
P.O. Box 22052
44 Great Northern Road
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
Field Office Phone- 705 946 6054 Cell Phone Shaun- 705 943 9399
Sandra -705 943 7499
Facebook - Superior Exploration Adventure and Climbing Company Ltd.
- North of Superior Climbing Company
- Batchawana Bay Rock Climbing
- Agawa Canyon Ice Climbing
Shaun Parent Dipl Geo, BS C. P-Geo / Director and Guide
Sandra Slater/ Field Assistant- VLF Data Analyst