YES! This is the NORTH OF SUPERIOR CLIMBING COMPANY web site!
"Superior Exploration, Adventure & Climbing Co. LTD." now incorporates the North of Superior Climbing Company.
Superior Exploration, Adventure & Climbing Co. LTD. is not just about climbing!
- Geology Exploration: (25 years experience) - specializing in steep, dangerous, and glaciated terrain, mapping and sampling, and prospecting.
- Adventure: International experience in paragliding and mountaineering. Professional Proespector and Geologist. 20 years experience in Map and Compass and GPS navigation.
- Rock & Ice Climbing: (Since 1981) - Shaun Parent has Discovered and developed most of the rock and ice climbing sites located along the Ontario side of Lake Superior. These include Thunder Bay, Orient Bay, Agawa Canyon, Montreal River,Mile 38 Road, Cerro De Hielo, and Batchawana Bay. Author and contributor to 17 Rock and Ice Climbing guidebooks to the Lake Superior Region. 2 new Rock Climbing guidebooks were released in 2012.
- ICE CLIMBING WINTER 2017
- Join us this winter for our ice climbing lessons and guided trips. See the ICE CLIMBING SECTION
Both Guidebooks Are Now Available
$25.00 by mail order. $20.00 at Joes Sportsin Sault Ste. Marie, our office in Batchawana Bay and at the Chippewa River Restaurant and Store on Highway 17 near Mile 38 Road.
Also available at Adventure Guide in Kitchener, Ontario and through Chessler Books in Colorado.
Coming: Summer 2017
Rock Climber's Guide to the SUMMERIAN SLABS-ALIEN WALL-PROMETHEUS WALL Batchawana Bay
Coming: Winter 2018
Ice Climber's Guide to Mile 38 Road- Cerro De Hielo-Montreal River Harbour
Over 300 Ice climbs found in 4 separate areas.
We offer a Bed & Breakfast at our site on the Chippewa River for Guided Clients and past Clients
A central location to access the climbs.
Superior Exploration, Adventure & Climbing Co. Ltd.
P.O. Box 22052
44 Great Northern Road
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
Field Office Phone- 705 946 6054 Cell Phone Shaun- 7059439399
Sandra -705 9437499
Facebook - Superior Exploration Adventure and Climbing Company Ltd.
- North of Superior Climbing Company
- Batchawana Bay Rock Climbing
- Agawa Canyon Ice Climbing
Shaun Parent Dipl Geo, BS C. P-Geo / Director and Guide
Sandra Slater/ Field Assistant- VLF Data Analyst