YES! This is the NORTH OF SUPERIOR CLIMBING COMPANY web site!
"Superior Exploration, Adventure & Climbing Co. LTD." now incorporates the North of Superior Climbing Company.
Superior Exploration, Adventure & Climbing Co. LTD. is not just about climbing!
- Geology/Geophysics and Exploration: (25 years experience) - specializing in steep, dangerous, and glaciated terrain, mapping and sampling, and prospecting.
- Adventure: International experience in paragliding and mountaineering. Professional Prospector and Geologist. 20 years experience in Map and Compass and GPS navigation.
- Rock & Ice Climbing: (Since 1981) - Shaun Parent has Discovered and developed most of the rock and ice climbing sites located along the Ontario side of Lake Superior. These include Thunder Bay, Orient Bay, Agawa Canyon, Montreal River,Mile 38 Road, Cerro De Hielo, and Batchawana Bay. Author and contributor to 17 Rock and Ice Climbing guidebooks to the Lake Superior Region. 2 new Rock Climbing guidebooks were released in 2012.
- ICE CLIMBING WINTER 2018-19
- Join us this winter for our ice climbing lessons and guided trips. See the ICE CLIMBING SECTION
Both Guidebooks Are Now Available
$25.00 by mail order. $20.00 at Joes Sports in Sault Ste. Marie, our office in Batchawana Bay and at the Chippewa River Restaurant and Store on Highway 17 near Mile 38 Road.
Also available at Adventure Guide in Kitchener, Ontario and through Chessler Books in Colorado.
Join us for a 6 pitch- Guided rock climb on a 600 foot high cliff.
Day-1 Review of Rappelling and multi pitch climbing
Day-2 Ascent of the Classic route on SS Rock.
Call for Details
Coming: Winter 2019? MAYBE?
Ice Climber's Guide to Mile 38 Road- Cerro De Hielo-Montreal River Harbour Area
Over 300 Ice climbs found in 4 separate areas.
Book now for Ice Climbing Guiding in March
Join us for Instruction and Guiding on Multi-Pitch Ice. The highest ICE in the MID CONTINENT.
Our Climbs are not "WORLD CLASS" like MUNISING Ice but
are considered "INTERSTELLAR"
Mile 38 Road is plowed. Park only at designated parking areas at KM-14 and KM-17.2 See the signs that have been erected.
See Ice Condition on www.neice.com
Conditions Report (Lake Superior)
ROCK CLIMBING GUIDE TO Batchawana Bay and Beyond
COMING SPRING 2020
This new Rock Climbing Guidebook will cover the following cliffs found in the area of Mile 38 Road in Batchawana Bay and others.
White Pine Dome- Janes Wall- SS Wall- Alien Wall- Prometheus Wall- Covenant Wall- Old Barel Wall- Noisy Rapids Wall Windtower Wall (Montreal River Harbour) - Jacks Wall (Hwy 129)
Superior Exploration, Adventure & Climbing Co. Ltd.
P.O. Box 22052
44 Great Northern Road
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
Field Office Phone- 705 946 6054 Cell Phone Shaun- 705 943 9399
Sandra -705 943 7499
Facebook - Superior Exploration Adventure and Climbing Company Ltd.
- North of Superior Climbing Company
- Batchawana Bay Rock Climbing
- Agawa Canyon Ice Climbing
Shaun Parent Dipl Geo, BS C. P-Geo / Director and Guide
Sandra Slater/ Field Assistant- VLF Data Analyst